Set your course for success! No matter what your student’s graduation goals are, our online academy has high school course tracks designed to meet individual needs.
High School Course Track Options for Graduation
|Course||College Prep Track||High School Diploma Track|
|English||4 credits||4 credits|
|History and Geography||3 credits||3 credits|
|Math||4 credits||3 credits|
|Science||3 credits||2 credits|
|World Language||2 credits|
|Health||.5 credit||.5 credit|
|Physical Education||1 credit||1 credit|
|Bible Elective||1 credit||1 credit|
|Fine/Practical Art Elective||1 credit||1 credit|
|Electives||1.5 credits||5.5 credits|
|Total Credits||21 credits||21 credits|
Typical Sequence of Courses for a College Preparatory Student*
|Freshman Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
|English I||English II||English III||English IV|
|Algebra I||Geometry II||Algebra II||Pre-Calculus or Consumer Math|
|World History (History 10)||U.S. History (History 11)||Government and Economics (History 12)||(Bible Elective)|
|Physical Science||Biology||Chemistry (or Physics)||(Physics or other Elective)|
|Physical Education||High School Health (semester course)||Art or Home Economics||(Elective)|
|Foreign Language Elective||Foreign Language Elective|
|College Planner (semester course)|
- College prep math should include Algebra I, geometry, and Algebra II.
- College prep science should include chemistry or physics.
- History must include world history, U.S. history, and government/economics.
- The Bible elective must be a Bible course from our online academy.
- Many colleges now require one to two years of a world language.
Students on the college prep study track should contact prospective colleges to find out if world language credits are needed for acceptance. If required by your state, state history courses are available. A college planner course is also strongly recommended.
For more information on high school options, read our course listing and get your free downloadable course catalog. Have questions about graduation requirements? Call an educational specialist at 800.682.7396 today.
* Graduation requirements related to distance learning schools may vary by state. It is the parent’s responsibility to research these requirements and to ensure that they are met. Because each college or university has its own entrance requirements, parents/students will want to consult with the college of his or her choice in order to meet its specific high school program requirements.
Students enrolled in Alpha Omega Academy must be considered full-time (taking at least four courses) before qualifying as candidates for a high school diploma. Homeschool transfer students must earn at least their last 5.5 credits through the academy before graduation. Students transferring from accredited schools must earn at least 5.5 credits through the academy to graduate. High school credits earned prior to academy enrollment can be accepted based on official transcripts.