AOA’s elementary teachers are hoping you can all take part in some or all of these Christmas and winter-themed events.
12 Days of Christmas Fitness
Starting on December 6, the 12 School Days Before Christmas Break is providing a time to work out our spiritual and physical muscles by reading a Bible passage and exercising each day. In the video below, Mrs. Brady reads a devotion and explains the challenge. There is also a link to a document with each of the 12 Bible readings and the exercises, as well as a place for the students to keep track of their progress. Even if you can’t do every day, we’d love to have you join us!
This is just a fun time to get together with other elementary students and listen to great winter and Christmas stories read by the elementary teachers. December 14 stories will have a snowman theme, while we will read stories with a nativity theme on December 21.
Elementary Christmas Party
This fun event filled with friends, games, puzzles, and even a craft is set for December 18 from 2-4 p.m. (CT). There has also been talk of a Christmas Around the World class for that same day!
Winter Reading Challenge
While many of you are taking a break from your studies from December 21 through January 4, we challenge you to bump up your reading. There will be more information coming out by email for this event, but if you meet the requirements we set, the AOA teachers will send you a certificate for your participation.
25 Joys of Christmas
As you decorate, cook, bake, and shop for the Christmas holiday, remember the beauty of giving this season. We also challenge you to complete all 25 of these kind acts before Christmas Day.
1. Make and/or send a card.
2. Give someone an extra hug.
3. Donate a gift or money to a charity.
4. Let someone in front of you in line.
5. Visit a nursing home or lonely neighbor.
6. Hold the door for someone.
7. Give a friend or loved one your full attention.
8. Donate unused toys or books to a charity.
9. Do something special for your family.
10. Pray for others in need.
11. Hide a happy note for a loved one to find.
12. Tell a joke to make someone smile.
13. Offer to help someone.
14. Smile at everyone you see (it’s contagious!)
15. Clean up a mess you didn’t make.
16. Bring flowers or candies to a friend or neighbor.
17. Help to make dinner and/or to clean up.
18. Send a thank-you or Christmas card to a service member.
19. Clean your room without being asked.
20. Help to wrap presents or decorate your house.
21. Read a book to a sibling or friend.
22. Donate food or time to a local food pantry or charity.
23. Make a coupon book of helpful things you can do for your family.
24. Give someone a compliment.
25. Thank God for all the blessings you have!
Please take some time to enjoy some of these events and be watching the online class schedules and your email for additional events offered by AOA’s elementary teachers.