Like choosing a brick and mortar school, selecting the best online high school program for your student is important. But exploring virtual options can also be overwhelming. Technology eliminates geographical barriers, significantly expanding educational options. Let's take a step back and look at the features the best online high school programs should offer.
1. Accreditation helps increase the recognition given to student-earned credits as distance learners apply for college, scholarships, student aid, and more.
2. Student-paced lessons keep learners engaged without overwhelming them with too much material at once.
3. Interactive curriculum engages students and caters to a variety of learning styles.
4. Student and parent support for every step of education, from enrollment to technology to academic assistance, gives families peace of mind.
5. A well-established reputation and program assures a quality education. According to the United States Distance Learning Association, some distance learning schools began forming as correspondence schools as early as 1840.
6. Access to a supportive community helps students feel like part of something larger than themselves.
For more than 20 years, Alpha Omega Academy has served its students with these benefits and more. Accredited by the NCA CASI, Alpha Omega Academy offers students a Christian community, Bible-based coursework, and placement tests to ensure all learners receive adequate instruction. Students can choose the lesson format that fits their individual learning style and complete coursework at a self-determined pace.
Academy students also have access to summer school, college credit courses, early graduation, and graduation ceremonies. All high school graduates receive an official high school diploma and can request a copy of their complete high school transcript for college admission.
In addition, AOA provides student and parent support through teacher office hours, online classrooms, and technical support. Students can also choose to participate in AOA's Christian community by attending social events, joining extracurriculars such as National Honor Society, or meeting classmates on our private, virtual student center, or Facebook and Twitter.
For more information about Alpha Omega Academy, one of the best online high school programs, request a free brochure or call 800-682-7396.