Language Arts Course for Grade 1
Learn about our online academy and print-based 1st grade language arts class that covers vowels, words, handwriting, and syllables.
First grade language arts is a comprehensive phonics-based course which integrates phonics, reading, and grammar into one course. Colorful, print-based lessons focus on building essential skills in reading, writing, listening, speaking, spelling, vocabulary, and penmanship. Tracing letters and words is also included in this online academy course.
Topics include consonant digraphs, vowel diphthongs, contractions, compound words, possessives, plurals, manuscript writing, and capitalization and punctuation. Both Horizons and LIFEPAC options include bright, illustrated student readers to promote use of vocabulary words, sentence structure, and overall comprehension of reading basics.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Alpha Omega Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page View Elementary and Middle School Course Catalog
Read Benefits of AOA
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of ConceptsLIFEPAC
- Alphabet and Short Vowel Sounds
- Rhyming Words, Adding –“ing”
- Consonant Digraphs, Soft “C” and “G”
- Verbs, Blends, and Silent Letters
- Long Vowels and Syllables
- R-controlled Vowels and Plurals
- Vowel Digraphs and Sentences
- Vowel Digraphs and Possessives
- Diphthongs and Contractions
- Phonics and Grammar Review
- Consonant and Vowel Sounds
- Consonant Digraphs and Vowel Pairs
- Capitalization and Punctuation
- Consonant Blends and Compound Words
- Long Vowels and Vowel Diphthong
- Syllables, Prefixes, and Suffixes
- Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms
- Irregular Plurals and Possessives
- Letter and Word Writing Practice
- Spelling with Long Vowels and Compound Words