Math Course for Grade 1
Learn more about our online academy and print-based 1st grade math class that covers number order, addition, subtraction, and counting.
First grade math continues to build math skills through various question formats, multiple exercise techniques, and learning games. Colorful, print-based lessons focus on continuing fundamental concepts taught in kindergarten. Fun, hands-on activities include connecting dot-to-dots, drawing colors and shapes, and matching items.
Topics in this online academy course include addition and subtraction of double digits to 18, counting, word problems, place value, shapes, fractions, time, measurement, money, bar graphs, word numbers to 100, greater than and less than, and skip counting. Students in this online academy course use common manipulatives like a clock, ruler, or coins to learn concepts.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Alpha Omega Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page View Elementary and Middle School Course Catalog
Read Benefits of AOA
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of ConceptsLIFEPAC
- Number Order and Add and Subtract
- Add and Subtract to 10 and Shapes
- Fractions, Time, and Symbols
- Add to 18, Money, and Measurements
- Column Addition and Estimation
- Number Words to 99
- Count to 200 and Subtract to 12
- Add and Subtract to 18
- Sensible Answers
- Count to 100
- Ordinal Numbers to 10 and Number Sequence
- Place Value 1s, 10s, and 100s
- Double and Triple Digit Numbers
- Horizontal and Vertical Addition and Subtraction
- Months of the Year and Days of the Week s
- Money and Measurements
- Shapes and Graphs
- Rounding Numbers