Math Course for Grade 2
Learn about our online academy and print-based 2nd grade math class that covers numbers, addition, subtraction, and shapes.
Second grade math continues to build math skills through various question formats, multiple exercise techniques, and learning games. Colorful, print-based lessons in this online academy course focus on continuing concepts taught in 1st grade and include fun activities to enrich learning and build comprehension.
Topics in this online academy course include number words to 1,000, addition and subtraction to double and triple digits, area and volume, shapes, graphs, money conversion, temperature and thermometers, calendars, operation signs, and word problems. Skip counting, recognizing ordinal numbers, and understanding odd and even numbers are all discussed. Course units contain quizzes and tests to evaluate progress and student mastery.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Alpha Omega Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page View Elementary and Middle School Course Catalog
Read Benefits of AOA
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of ConceptsLIFEPAC
- Word Numbers to 100s
- Addition and Subtraction/Odd and Even
- Adding Carrying to the 10s
- Numbers/Words to 999 and Graphs
- Add and Subtract to the 100s
- Subtract with Borrowing from 10s
- Add with Carrying to the 100s
- Volume and Coin Conversion
- Area and Square Measurements
- Counting to 999 and Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers to 100
- Place Value to 1s, 10s, 100s, and 1,000s
- Carrying in 1s, 10s, and 100s
- Borrowing in 1s and 10s
- Time and Calendars
- Money, Measurements, and Temperature
- Shapes and Area, Perimeter, and Volume
- Graphs and Rounding
- Multiplication to 10 and Word Problems