Language Arts Course for Grade 3
Third grade language arts creates a love for learning and covers essential grammar skills like spelling, vocabulary, reading, and writing.
Third grade language arts creates a love for learning and covers essential grammar skills like spelling, vocabulary, reading, and writing. This one year course covers language topics like pronunciation marks, final “e” words,”ng” and “nk” patterns, homonyms, homographs, “qu” words, and triple consonant blends.
Building on phonics and spelling rules, this online academy course also reviews consonant blending, compound words, comparisons, prefixes, and suffixes. Additional reading materials like classic short stories and poems foster your student’s imagination and improve reading skills. Course units contain quizzes and tests to evaluate progress and student mastery.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Alpha Omega Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page View Elementary and Middle School Course Catalog
Read Benefits of AOA
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of ConceptsIgnitia
- Vowels, Main Idea, & Capitalization
- Sentences, Capitalization, & ABC Order
- Dictionary Skills, Word Parts, & Vocabulary
- Parts of Speech & Irregular Vowels
- Commas & Silent Letters
- Cause/Effect, Homographs, & Haiku Poetry
- Suffixes, Pronouns, & Friendly Letters
- Plays, Adjectives, & Root Words
- Classifying, Referencing, & Predicting
- Old & New Skills
- Building Words & Sentences
- Words: Getting to the Roots
- Words: How to Use Them
- Sentence: Start to Finish
- All about Books
- Reading & Writing
- Reading Skills
- More Reading & Writing
- Looking Back
- Vowel Sounds & Consonant Blends
- Digraphs & Diphthongs
- Soft & Hard Sounds
- Prefixes & Suffixes
- Antonyms, Synonyms, & Homonyms
- Analogies & Contractions
- Three-syllable Words & Patterns
- Regular & Irregular Spellings
- Comparisons & Palindromes