Students who meet the qualifications for candidacy for the Alpha Omega Academy chapter of the National Honor Society should soon receive an email invitation to apply for membership. The National Honor Society recognizes high school students for leadership, character, academic achievement, and service. Acknowledging much more than achievement, the organization seeks to help students grow by encouraging leadership and service.
Qualifications for Candidacy
• Each candidate must be a full time sophomore, junior, or senior at Alpha Omega Academy.
• Each candidate must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Each candidate must be enrolled in AOA for at least one year.
• Each candidate must be on pace in his or her coursework or no more than one month behind schedule.
• Each candidate must not have any items concerning academic integrity within the current school year.
• Each candidate must be an active leader in his or her community, church, or school.
The email invitation will outline all of the application requirements and instructions. Candidates are required to submit letters of recommendation from their academic advisor, two of their teachers, and one non-family member.
Following the guidelines outlined in the constitution of the National Honor Society, the applications of the candidates will then be reviewed by the faculty council, a team of five teachers and advisors. Candidates who meet all the requirements of leadership, character, and academic achievement will be inducted into membership at a special induction ceremony in January. Once members, students participate in regular chapter meetings and service projects.