Set your course for success! No matter what your student’s graduation goals are, our online academy has high school course tracks designed to meet individual needs.
High School Course Track Options for Graduation
|Course||College Prep Track||High School Diploma Track|
|English||4 credits||4 credits|
|History and Geography||3 credits||3 credits|
|Math||4 credits||3 credits|
|Science||3 credits||2 credits|
|World Language||2 credits|
|Health||.5 credit||.5 credit|
|Physical Education||1 credit||1 credit|
|Bible||2.5 credits||2.5 credits|
|Fine/Practical Art Elective||1 credit||1 credit|
|Electives||1 credits||5 credits|
|Total Credits||21 credits||21 credits|
Typical Sequence of Courses for a College Preparatory Student*
|Freshman Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
|(Bible Elective)||(Bible Elective)||(Bible Elective)||(Bible Elective)|
|English I||English II||English III||English IV|
|Algebra I||Geometry||Algebra II||Pre-Calculus or Consumer Math|
|World History (History 10)||U.S. History (History 11)||Government and Economics (History 12)||(Physics or other Elective)|
|Physical Science||Biology||Chemistry (or Physics)||(Elective)|
|Physical Education||High School Health (semester course)||Art or Home Economics|
|Foreign Language Elective||Foreign Language Elective|
|Ignite Seminar||College Planner (semester course)|
- College prep math should include Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II.
- College prep science should include Chemistry or Physics.
- History must include World History, U.S. History, and Government/Economics.
- The Bible elective must be a Bible course from our online academy and must be .5 credit per year and equal 2.5 credits to graduate from Alpha Omega Academy. Beginning in Fall 2021, all students must complete a full credit of Ignite Seminar to graduate. Completion of this full-year course is required for all high school students for the 2021-22 school year. Beginning in the 2022-23 school year, this course will be required for all 9th grade students and those new to AOA.
- Many colleges now require one to two years of a world language.
Students on the college prep study track should contact prospective colleges to find out if world language credits are needed for acceptance. If required by your state, state history courses are available. A college planner course is also strongly recommended.
For more information on high school options, read our course listing and get your free downloadable course catalog. Have questions about graduation requirements? Call an educational specialist at 800.682.7396 today.
* Graduation requirements related to distance learning schools may vary by state. It is the parent’s responsibility to research these requirements and to ensure that they are met. Because each college or university has its own entrance requirements, parents/students will want to consult with the college of his or her choice in order to meet its specific high school program requirements.
Students enrolled in Alpha Omega Academy must be considered full-time (taking at least four courses) before qualifying as candidates for a high school diploma. Homeschool transfer students must earn at least their last 5.5 credits through the academy before graduation. Students transferring from accredited schools must earn at least 5.5 credits through the academy to graduate. High school credits earned prior to academy enrollment can be accepted based on official transcripts.